In Real Life by Joey Graceffa | Book Review


Summary:


Twenty-three year old Joey Graceffa has captured the hearts of millions of teens and young adults through his playful, sweet, and inspirational YouTube presence (not to mention his sparkling eyes and perfect hair). Yet, Joey wasn’t always comfortable in his skin, and in this candid memoir, he thoughtfully looks back on his journey from pain to pride, self-doubt to self-acceptance.





Author:


Joey Graceffa


Publisher:


Simon & Schuster


Release Date:


May 19th, 2015

.

Pages:


240



In this book Joey talks very openly and in detail about what it was like for him growing up under these circumstances. I loved his honesty and this was a fantastic insight into the life of one of the most popular internet personalities. 

It not only demonstrates how a YouTuber’s life works, but also showcases that being a YouTuber is not that easy. He opens up a side of himself we haven't seen on YouTube.

I can say I felt he did a nice job at expressing how others see his life and how his life really was were completely different. 

 The way he's written this book really does portray he is just an everyday guy with a passion for making videos, someone who worked hard and overcame many hardships in his life from friendship losses to simply wanting to fit in at school.

The pace is not too slow, but sometimes it jumps back and forth to little stories he shares on relating matters. This book never lost me, and it definitely kept my interest throughout. 

What makes it stand out to me is that it’s his life story, but he doesn’t write in a tone that makes him seem unreachable by others. 

All these stories really shape Joey the person, and as a casual viewer of his, I loved getting to find out all about him.

I absolutely loved this book and Joey's story! He's been through a lot to get to where he is now, and this book just made me love and respect him a whole lot more than I already did.

I highly encourage anyone going through sexuality and social issues to pick up this book and see it from his side with all the deep and juicy intricacies explained.



Comments

Popular Posts