Skin, Hair And Nail Care For Holi
Holi is the festival of colors. The season of holi brings with it the added risk of chemically synthesized colors which is extremely harmful for our skin and hair.
Here’s how you take care of your invaluable skin, hair and nails.
- Firstly cleanse and tone your skin properly.
- After that, apply mustard oil to all over your face and also use sunscreen.
- Then apply almond/olive oil to all over your body.
- For lips apply vaseline or lip balm.
- Wear long sleeves and full length bottoms to protect your skin.
- Apply olive/coconut oil on your hair specially on scalp.
- Don't forget to tie it on a bun and wear a scarf or something to protect it.
- Apply a dark color nail polish
- Also don't forget to moisturize your fingertips and in the area around your nails.
- Wash your body with cold water to take off the excessive color.
- Use liquid soap gently and after that use home-made packs or scrubs on stubborn color so that it goes away.
- After that use a moisturizing soap and lukewarm water for shower.
- Don't forget to apply body lotion after the bath.
- After that do a hand and foot soak.
- For lips you can use lip scrub.
- Wash your hair with herbal shampoo.
- Let the shampoo stay on for at least 10 minutes before you rinse it off.
- After that use an intensive conditioner or a deep conditioning treatment or you can use honey/egg yolk/curd.
- Remove that dark nail polish with help of nail polish remover.
- You can use lemon juice or vinegar if in case there is any color in your nails.
- Manicure and pedicure sessions is always the way to remove the colored layer.
I hope these tips and tricks help protect your hair, skin and nails this holi.
And you enjoy this holi without being unperturbed.
Have a happy and safe festival.